The lovely Sally from Quietly Mad nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award this week. Thanks, Sally! I’ve never been nominated for a blog award before, so suffice it to say I’m super thrilled & grateful 😀
Here are the rules:
- Each nominee must thank the person who nominated them and link their blog in the post.
- They must include the rules and add the blog award badge as an image.
- Must add 7 facts about them.
- Then nominate 15 people!
So, here are 7 facts about myself that my readers may not know:
1. Even though I blog a lot about (and love doing) nail art, this is a fairly new hobby for me — only 2 years old at this point. My relationship with baking and crochetting/knitting goes much, much further back to my early teens.
2. A true Sagittarius, I’m a geek at heart, and like to know how things work. Whether it is the science of how meringue forms (remember this passionate post?) or the exact biological structure of the nail plate, I want to know as much about things I’m interested in as I can manage to retain!
3. I have been slowly adopting a more natural/green lifestyle over the past few years, using homemade and natural cleaning solutions around the house and on myself as far as possible. I’ve been doing the No Poo Method for my hair for nearly two years now, and have just started the Oil Cleansing Method for my face this week. I also try to use natural cleaning solutions (vinegar & baking soda ftw!) around the house.
4. I love to read. I’ve been a bookworm for as long as I’ve known how to read, and love nothing more than to curl up with a good book, preferably a mystery or something supernatural! However, I spend so much of my day reading papers for my dissertation now, that I don’t end up reading much for fun anymore 😦
5. I love the macabre and the supernatural! Give me a good, dark, supernatural story, and you’ll be my best friend forever! No supernatural YA romance though; I’m too old for that!
6. [My husband suggested I add this, because this is near-blasphemy in his books:]
I am not generally very fond of music (gasp!), with the (relatively recent) exception of Broadway songs, and any instrumental piece on a violin or a cello. I often have music playing while I work, but only so that I can concentrate on blocking it out… does that make any sense?
7. I have a small and precious working collection of photographs I’ve taken of people at work, in different kinds of craft, that I call my Livelihoods Collection. It consists of only about two dozen pictures at this point, but each is very precious to me.
And that’s all about me for now, folks! Here are 15 amazing blogs I’d like to nominate for this award, in alphabetical order: