Hello, folks! A very happy, fall-is-almost-here-Saturday to you! I love fall & winter, harsh as the latter can be here in Canada. But with the cooler weather tags along dry skin, so today’s post is a quick DIY sugar scrub recipe. [I’m also on a trip with my family, hence the quickie!]
You will need:
- White or brown sugar – 1/2 cup
- Almond (or other liquid) oil – 1 tbsp
- Essential oil of your choosing – 10-15 drops
- Food colouring (optional) – a couple of drops
1. Mix the almond oil and the sugar. If necessary, add more oil and mix thoroughly until the mixture resembles wet sand.
2. Add essential oils, if using, and mix thoroughly to incorporate. Spoon into a container and use to exfoliate as needed.
I leave a small jar of this scrub by the sink and love to pamper my hands and nails by giving them a thorough scrubbing to remove any dead skin. It leaves my skin feeling super-soft afterwards and does away with the need to moisturize after my manicure. It works great on feet as well. Let me know in the comments how you like this!